Aspiring professionals are tested on the following components of the ITIL® framework. We have marked the important topics in bold. (brackets indicate the depth of the of the knowledge required for that component wherein comprehension means a high level understanding of what it is and how it works while awareness means knowing its existence and functions.)
- Service management as a practice (comprehension)
- The ITIL® service lifecycle (comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
- Key principles and models (comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness)
- Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness)
- Competence and training (awareness)
For the ITIL® service lifecycle, there are 5 stages and a total of 26 process and 4 functions.
|Service Lifecycle Stage||Processes & Functions|
|Continual Service Improvement||
Taking the ITIL® Foundation Examination
The owner of the ITIL® has delegated the examination administration to Accredited Training Organizations (ATO) or one of the Examination Institutes. Professionals aspiring for the ITIL® v3 Foundation Certification would need to contact the ATO or Examination Institutes by themselves and arrange for the examination. You can also get in touch with us for training and certification need.
Cost of ITIL® Foundation Examination
Unlike most other popular certification examination, there is no official cost for the ITIL® Foundation examination as ITIL® has left the examination administration to the ATO or Examination Institutes. It varies from region to region. Generally the average cost including training is between $250-$450.